Shoutbox

Resize Shouts Area

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo

Resin in the Jar!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 slimmchants

slimmchants

Journeyman

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 01:52 PM

I having been saving two mason jars full of a favourite strain since last March. I opened them recently to find that the inside of the glass jars are coated with a sticky amber substance.

At harvest, the plants were hung upside down in a dark cool place for a week, then trimmed and placed in the jars. The jars were opened for a few minutes each day for another two weeks, then stored in a small safe.

I thought maybe I hadn't let it dry enough, but there were no signs of mold, and the pot smelled great and smoked great.

Anyone seen this before? Any suggestions on possibly recovering the resin?

Thanks,

Barney

Whack-fol-the-daddy-o There's Resin in the Jar!

Wont you please tell the Man I didnt kill anyone No Im just tryin to have me some fun J Prine

#2 CAUSTIC

CAUSTIC

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 02:06 PM

amber and sticky, hmmmmm, i would bet money its burst resin glands. scape a little off with a razor, hit it with some flame and smell it. i bet its really nice stuff.

then rinse it with iso and collect it into a small dish, evaporate the iso and you will have some beautiful honey oil.

Cannabis Culture and the Freedom Tour are out there educating people on how to fight for their rights and freedoms. Check out CC's activism threads and http://www.freedomtour.ca to find the tools to enforce your rights!

I RESPECT THE LAW, JUST NOT THE ASSHOLES THAT MAKE 'EM

THE WAR ON DRUGS IS A "DEMOCIDAL" WAR. LOOK IT UP.

#3 Kong

Kong

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 02:19 PM

Bwahahahahahahahah

Ain't it wonderful?

I grind all my bud. I keep the ground bud in a small glass jar, about 3/4" (19mm) in diameter and about 4" (100mm) long, which is a couple of days worth for me. I've had that same glass jar for a couple of years now. You can't even see through it for all the resin/trics/hairs that have stuck to and caked up over time. Now and then I'll take a screwdrive and reach in and scrape a little out. YeeHaaaa!

I also have one of those real old half gallon blue Mason jars with the wire tensioner, rubber gasket, and glass lid that I keep my personal stash in before it goes to the grinder. I've had that jar for almost 20 years. You want to talk about the inside of a jar covered with resin; that one is the king.

Consider it one of life's little blessings and then move on in your own quest to rack up all the good karma you possibly can.

#4 CAUSTIC

CAUSTIC

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 02:22 PM

amen to that!!!

Cannabis Culture and the Freedom Tour are out there educating people on how to fight for their rights and freedoms. Check out CC's activism threads and http://www.freedomtour.ca to find the tools to enforce your rights!

I RESPECT THE LAW, JUST NOT THE ASSHOLES THAT MAKE 'EM

THE WAR ON DRUGS IS A "DEMOCIDAL" WAR. LOOK IT UP.

#5 slimmchants

slimmchants

Journeyman

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:01 PM

Cool.........

Wont you please tell the Man I didnt kill anyone No Im just tryin to have me some fun J Prine

#6 TheGanjaGorilla

TheGanjaGorilla

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:55 AM

Well put...

TheGanjaGorilla "Whateva, I do what I want." Eric Cartman.

#7 snapcraklpopaloc

snapcraklpopaloc

Journeyman

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 07:55 PM

i have asked this before and not gotten an answer, so... if u were to rinse the jar with some vodka or high alcohol content liquor fit for consumption and then drink the liquor would you get any effect from the thc

#8 Delta 9

Delta 9

Old hand

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:59 PM

If you drink the alcohol you may catch a little buzz but the alcohol would probably have a bigger and quicker effect so you may not even feel a buzz. True tinctures are great but I don't think you could make one from the sticky sides of a jar. However, let the alcohol dry and you will have oil which you can smoke and even if there are just a few trichs in the jar you'll have it isolated into one drop once the alcohol drys out.

#9 Throwgar

Throwgar

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 02:46 PM

I have about a dozen curing jars that I've used for 3 harvests. I started to notice that the jars were starting to look a little hazy. I poured about a cup of ISO into one of the jars, closed it, and shook it like a baby. Then I took that ISO and poured it into the next curing jar and repeated until done. I let that mixture air-dry for about 12 hours with a fan on it, and I harvested about 3 grams of HIGH grade unexpected jar hash. Friggin' great!

I wonder if Dracula ever has ticks.