Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo

Rye bread LSD??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 the_bongsmith

the_bongsmith

Stoner

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:05 PM

My friend came to me and gave me this story that his friend told him about how you can make LSD with rye bread.
He claimed that all you had to do was take a specific kind of rye bread and let it soak in water for a few months and the water inside would be liquid acid.

To me this sounds like absolute BS but i'd like to hear if anyone has heard of this or done it before

I promote safe sex ;\)

#2 rol1

rol1

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:53 PM

Ergot, a kind of mold, grows on rye and is what lysergic acid is from. Lysergic acid is what LSD is made from.

Hundreds of years ago some villages had a dancing madness that some researchers say may have been caused by bread fungus.

#3 morbo!

morbo!

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 07:27 PM

yup

but ergot is definatly not good for you
it is the base for l.s.d
but you need a lab too remove the bad shit
and you really wanna get that right

I call`em as i see`em

#4 the_bongsmith

the_bongsmith

Stoner

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 08:24 PM

thx. i figured the guy was wrong. well i better go tell him not to drink some old mouldy water.

I promote safe sex ;\)

#5 xynamax

xynamax

Ganja God

• Members
  • 8,389 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:47 PM

modern history now beleives that the girls who were the accusors at the Salem Witch trials may have tripped on ergot which caused them to beleive that they had witnessed actual acts of witchcraft.

nom nom nom

#6 spectralmagic

spectralmagic

Old hand

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 03:47 PM

Ergotism (ergot poisoning) is a nasty nasty thing. It cuts off circulation to your extremeties resulting in necrosis/gangrene.

Ergot alkaloids can be reduced to lysergic acid via a complicated process, then using a peptide coupling reagent or the hydrazine route diethylamine is added to produce Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD, in German it's Lysergic Sauer Diethylamide, hence the S instead of A).

If you want to try a natural substance that's sort of similar to LSD, eat 5-20 grams of morning glory seeds (best processed via a cold water extraction). Morning glories (and some other plants) contain LSA, Lysergic Acid Amide. In my experience LSA is a darker experience than LSD, less visual / more mental, but can be quite sensual once the nausea dissipates.

There are some warnings regarding morning glory seeds, and specific strains to look for for high LSA content. Read all about it on http://www.erowid.or...ing_glory.shtml

If you have the equipment and skill, a kilogram of morning glory seeds can serve as a starting point for LSD production, reducing LSA to lysergic acid via the same process used for ergot alkaloids, and then either using a peptide coupling reagent or the hydrazine route to move on to LSD.

Defending the People's Right to Know since 2000
:smokebowl:

Watching the universe end, one bowl at a time

#7 mitchnast

mitchnast

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 02:45 PM

ergot does not grow on bread.

it grows only on the seeds of live grains/ grasses,
gradually replacing the berry with a black sclerotia horn, it is from the the egot fruits.

ergot NEVER occurs in breads, ergotism is most often caused when food (like breads) are made from grains infected with ergot. the product added to the bread by this point is ergot, the grain was completely consumed.

you cannot make LSD from bread.

And if you tried to make acid in this way, assuming ergot WAS growing in wet rye bread, it would kill you, as ergot is deadly. you would feel burning all over and extreme pins and needles in the extremidies, your blood would stop flowing to vascular tissues and you would rot, starting in the arms and legs. you would also be insane.

#8 mitchnast

mitchnast

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 02:47 PM

oops, pretty much already explained

#9 TheGanjaGorilla

TheGanjaGorilla

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 10:24 PM

Quote:

ergot is deadly. you would feel burning all over and extreme pins and needles in the extremidies, your blood would stop flowing to vascular tissues and you would rot, starting in the arms and legs. you would also be insane.

Damn!

TheGanjaGorilla "Whateva, I do what I want." Eric Cartman.

#10 notsofasteddie

notsofasteddie

Super Stoner

• Members
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 04:23 PM

Does this mean that getting Psilocybin from Pumpernickel bread isn't true either?

#11 hydro247365

hydro247365

Old hand

• Members
  • 913 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 11:17 PM

LOL oh my god...the stories are flowin now! lol. Maybe if the spores stuck to the bread and grew the shrooms, hehe. You need the mushroom spores to grow the mushrooms.

I threw my holy socks in the garbage because I do not belive in God - By Hydro247365.

#12 SuperbL

SuperbL

Old hand

• Members
  • 907 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:54 PM

actual lsd is sythesized.

ergotamine is alot like lsd chemically, so it is hard to extract pure. Not that acid is pure these days...

I am the man of the forest, coming to take you back to the begining.

#13 wigmiester

wigmiester

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:00 AM

Bread is a very dangerous substance

KEEP AWAY FROM IT

Fact: 100% of heroin addicts have tried bread at some point in their lives !
and 97% of all violent crimes are commited within 24hours of consuming bread !

JUST SAY NO

Reality is just a crutch for people who cant handle drugs

#14 CAUSTIC

CAUSTIC

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:22 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

that and breathing!

every criminal was breathing at the time they committed their heinous acts!!!!!

act now!!! stop breathing and save yourself from possibly falling into the deep and dark depths of being a depraved criminal monster!!!!!

Cannabis Culture and the Freedom Tour are out there educating people on how to fight for their rights and freedoms. Check out CC's activism threads and http://www.freedomtour.ca to find the tools to enforce your rights!

I RESPECT THE LAW, JUST NOT THE ASSHOLES THAT MAKE 'EM

THE WAR ON DRUGS IS A "DEMOCIDAL" WAR. LOOK IT UP.