Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      14 Aug
    Organic Gardener

Well Marc is back home, good stuff. Glad I'm not paying to keep someone in jail that shouldn't be there.

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      14 Aug
    SeaWeed

Resins now LEGAL for patients in Canada thanks to the awesome work of Kirk Tousaw and Ted Smith with defendant Owen Smith! Congratulations Canada.

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      11 Aug
    ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

Rest In Peace Robin Williams.

Show comments (8)
View All Updates

Photo

wisdom teeth and weed.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 tyoung

tyoung

Stranger

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:47 PM

So, I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday and fortunately I only had 3 to deal with. So after the "operation" I slept for a little while and everything has been just fine since. I've had no pain and no swelling. They gave me a little packet of info for post-surgery and it says that smokers (cigs obviously) should refrain from smoking for 7 days. My question is, since my recovery is going so well, do you think it would be okay for me to smoke weed in maybe 2-3 days from now? And does anyone have any personal experiences with smoking weed after having their wisdom teeth taken out? I've also heard from a friend of mine that smoking too soon after the operation can cause dry sockets.

#2 GrandPoobah

GrandPoobah

Bongmeister

• Members
  • 1,892 posts
  • Locationnext to a bong

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:52 PM

I have smoken the same day after each of 3 extractions, no problems.
Use ice and water cooled smoke, draw softly, and keep your mouth moist (lots of sips of water). You'll be fine.

There is no off position on the genius switch

:leaf: Proud member of the organic mafia :leaf:

#3 tyoung

tyoung

Stranger

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:58 PM

unfortunately i dont have a bubbler, only my bowl.

#4 jahjah

jahjah

Old hand

• Members
  • 921 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:54 PM

I have had past experience with this. I too had 3 wisdom teeth taken out. The dentist gave me a bottle of Oxycodone and as soon as I got into my dad's car to be driven home I took 3 times the dose on the bottle. After being dropped off at home my dad went out to do some shopping. He asked me if I wanted anything. My response was a BC Burger from Whitespot (a restaurant local to BC, Canada).
When he was gone I smoked a big fatty of some killer. When he got back I ate a burger only hours after my surgery. You don't have to tell me that this was extremely stupid to do.
I was fine until my prescription of Oxycodone ran out 2 days later. Then the intense pain started.
I would definitely NOT recommend smoking buds or cigarettes. Here is a good quote from a web page. Your friend is right about dry socket.

"the Heat from the Smoke causes Dry Socket, that is very painful and can lead to an infection in the gums and make things worse leading to more teeth being pulled, or worse having an abcess in your jaw, which is just plain out nasty.."
web page

The pain just isn't worth it man.

My dandy voice makes the most anti-choice granny's panties moist

#5 tyoung

tyoung

Stranger

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 09:49 AM

Thanks for the input man. I honestly am healing really fast and really well however, yeah I wouldn't want to take that risk.

#6 MrFluffykins

MrFluffykins

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 20 August 2006 - 05:49 PM

take the hit up the nose:D

#7 firtyve

firtyve

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:47 PM

Well, I expect you'll be healed by now, but when I got my three wisdoms pulled, I toked almost immediately when I got in the door, with the cotton still in my mouth, heh. Had four teeth pulled in total, smoked pot shortly after both extractions, never had a problem with dry socket myself. YMMV.

KL

#8 Mr.Krummbien

Mr.Krummbien

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:29 AM

Ya, smokind weed was the second thing I did after having all 4 wisdom teeth out. The first was 8 mg of dilaudid.
There was no pain after that!

#9 p_light420

p_light420

Super Stoner

• Members
  • 4,318 posts
  • Location5280

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:27 AM

I had all four out at the same time. I smoked the same day. I didn't have any problems. Just don't suck too hard or you might pull the stitches out. A vaporizer would be better. I even smoked cigs and had no prob. Also, Hydrocodone is GOOOOOOOOOOD!

Overgrow the Cartels!

#10 Halusinati

Halusinati

Old hand

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Locationalberta

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:29 PM

Actually, I'm due for dental surgery in about a month. 3 wisdom teeth, and a bunch of other stuff.. I don't care as long as I am put out. I'm a bit worried about dry socket caused by smoking right after I get home, but I dont know.

I've heard it is the worst pain you could have in your mouth, heh.

#11 morbo!

morbo!

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Locationsnuffeluphagus ,australia

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:48 PM

stay up all night smoking weed then
goto the dentist compltly smashed and tired
when u get home sleep for the rest of the day
then smoke.

I call`em as i see`em

#12 Craven Moorehead

Craven Moorehead

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:27 AM

I had all 4 out at once and toked that night. WITH Vicoprofens just rinse gently with salt water after you toke and don't suck hard on anything (heh heh or on anything hard) i mean like a tightly packed bong or pipe, or a milkshake cause you could pop the sutures (sp?) in your mouth.

other than that, toke on.

Some folks say better run away, Others say better stand still.

#13 bubbles

bubbles

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationB.C. Canada

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:13 PM

I got four of mine taken out in one shot, my mouth swelled up like a fucking chipmunk. This is Canada so i got some lousy T3's that did nothing except give me a stomach ache, so went to school the next day and smoked, no more pain

I also never got Dry socket, which is a good thing.

#14 Halusinati

Halusinati

Old hand

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Locationalberta

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:10 PM

bubbles, I am in the same situation. I'll probably get held in for the rest of the day and possibly the night due to high blood pressure, then I will go home. It is very regular, almost every hospital visit I am stopped in the middle of whatever and put on a bed of my own.

anyways, my parents have a easy doctor who perscribes t3 like pez. They get those big ass 100-150 tablet bottles, always have one handy. Thanks for the personal experience everyone.

#15 Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Journeyman

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:27 AM

Quote:

So, I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday and fortunately I only had 3 to deal with. So after the "operation" I slept for a little while and everything has been just fine since. I've had no pain and no swelling. They gave me a little packet of info for post-surgery and it says that smokers (cigs obviously) should refrain from smoking for 7 days. My question is, since my recovery is going so well, do you think it would be okay for me to smoke weed in maybe 2-3 days from now? And does anyone have any personal experiences with smoking weed after having their wisdom teeth taken out? I've also heard from a friend of mine that smoking too soon after the operation can cause dry sockets.

Your recovery may be going well but dry socket is when the clot falls out of the hole in your gum. Suction is one of the primary culprites too as you will notice your instructions indicate you shouldn't drink from a straw either. Have you a way to smoke without producing any suction? The bottom line is dry socket is no joke. Don't smoke for at least 5 days.

#16 DoctorEw

DoctorEw

Stranger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:35 PM

I was straight up with my dentist and told him I was a chronic. Having any smoke touch open wounds isn't good, and will usually slow down the healing process, however this is what we devised. Don't smoke anything the day of, for the first 3-5days bite down on gauze (make sure it doesn't touch the openings) so it blocks some of the smoke/tar. DO NOT smoke through a joint or suck on anything as you will pop the clots, leaving open nerves. Make a gravity bong, use ice, and make sure to only inhale and not to suck. Try to exhale out of your nose, it starts to burn after awhile though. Smoke can make your gums swell so I suggest Motrin and lots and lots and lots of water. Refrain from swishing it around, just let it flow around your gums and swallow.

#17 mom4organicbuds

mom4organicbuds

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,943 posts
  • LocationPXY-887

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:03 AM

I smoked like a fiend when I had my molars pulled and popped 800 mg ibuprofen like it was candy.. I was all good. bong

#18 CAnnabisCA

CAnnabisCA

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:27 AM

I waited a few days, but I had vicodin... Weed and Vicodin together are nice...

#19 mom4organicbuds

mom4organicbuds

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,943 posts
  • LocationPXY-887

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:57 AM

Oh, indeed they are. I think I had those too. 5/500's, though. The weed helped the internal pain and the vicodin and ibuprofen helped the swelling that the smoke did to my gums.

#20 Ferroto Baggins

Ferroto Baggins

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:09 PM

heh I once had all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out. He gave me a pile of gauze. After all was said and done I still had alot left which I used as pipe cleaners.

Btw he didn't give me any pain killers, and it was quite painful.

Art of War
By:Sun-Tzu