Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      25 Oct
    SeaWeed

A couple crazy men do not a terrorist attack make - but it is a great platform to take a few more freedoms, for 'securities sake'

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      24 Oct
    Doobie Brother

You ever notice how most Ford vehicle names are more fun when you put "anal" in front of them? Probe, Explorer, Excursion, Endeavor, Ranger, Focus...

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      21 Oct
    Dove

just had a bowl of black tuna. After a long strech of using a vape, the feeling of resiny lips is a deja vu.

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Photo

STEM TEA

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 MOTORHEAD426

MOTORHEAD426

Stranger

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 09:23 AM

I have about 2gs of stems and I was going to make some tea but im not shure how to brew it and im not shure if its even worth the time and effort so can any body tell me how to make the strongest tea posible????

peace

#2 Canna

Canna

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 08:41 PM

Tell me this, are those twigs just covered in Tricomes?

They're stems and they're not worth it, it will have no effect.

Silly...

#3 Cypher

Cypher

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,535 posts
  • LocationMy Garden

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:19 AM

According to Ed, and a little personal experimentation the leaves and stems of the plant can have high levels of THC. He says that anything larger then a 16th of an inch is not worth it, but leaves and stems near the top of the plant and near buds particularly can be potent. As for the tea thing? you are gonna need a lot of stems. Also THC is not soluable in water so you need to use something with some fat(oil) in it. Milk and alcohol both work. Good luck.

“Good and evil are God’s prejudices” said the serpent. -Nietzsche-

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2006 - 01:35 PM

woud mixing a small amount of olive or vegatable oil with water work?

#5 mattmontycohen

mattmontycohen

Stoner

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationRichmond Hill, Ontario.

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:40 PM

me and my buddy have been collecting stems for a while now hoping to make some tea. we have about 3 ozs. i hope we can do something with it.

#6 GrandPoobah

GrandPoobah

Bongmeister

• Members
  • 1,892 posts
  • Locationnext to a bong

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:44 PM

I have about 1.5lbs. I like to throw some on the fire in winter, smells better than cherry wood

There is no off position on the genius switch

:leaf: Proud member of the organic mafia :leaf:

#7 Canna

Canna

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:13 PM

Quote:

I have about 1.5lbs. I like to throw some on the fire in winter, smells better than cherry wood

Lol, thats what you do!

I suspect there are some tricomes, but really not much. Fire wood is what it is. Leaves do have tricomes and THC, I don't deny that.

I guess if you're hard up you can use stems. When I'm hard up I smoke some leaf. Yuck...

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2006 - 09:13 AM

HOLY SHIT, 3oz's of stems. LISTEN, get a medium sized pot and fill it with 150ml of water, 200ml of milk, 3tblsp of honey and 1/2tsp of olive oil and boil that shit mixin the stems in for 20 mins or so until u get a small boil temperature....than let it sit keep pressing the stems and mixing and leave the lid on and put it in the fridge for 15mins......then microwave it until warm temperature,then drain the stems and drink away!!! trust, its enough for 2 strong glasses that will get u and ur buddy fucked!

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:21 AM

i would take those stems and put them in one of those portable cheap charcoal grills only without the charcoal,

id lightly spray the stems with gasoline and then i would stand with the grill inside an old refrigerators cardboard box,

i'd ignite the 3oz of stems and stay in the box until they are all burned away or I die, whichever comes first.

#10 bestchronic

bestchronic

Journeyman

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 08:59 AM

IDEIOT! Some chronic ice tea would be bomb, with some lemon in it and a little sugar! mmmmm....chronic ade!!!

#11 tokyopotato

tokyopotato

Old hand

• Members
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:42 AM

Quote:

That's a lot of stems, at the very least, just cook them down in a pot all day on very low heat with a couple sticks of butter. Very low heat, ideally as low as your burner can go. By the end of the day, you'd have some pretty strong weed butter.

#12 spectralmagic

spectralmagic

Old hand

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • LocationSurrey, BC

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:55 PM

Heh, stems... After a harvest, I have a few weeks where I enjoy nice bud. Then the bud runs out, and I resort to leaves for a few more weeks... if I'm smart I cook with the leaves instead of smoking them, but I have been known to choke down their smoke. And when the leaves run out? Stems.

Now, stems aren't *completely* useless. I've found that if I take nice dry stems and crush them, their "skin" comes off, and my theory is that's where any of their cannabinoids are contained (rather than in the woody core). So I collect a lot of stem skins, and if desperate will smoke them... if leaves are about 1/4 as potent as bud, stem skins are about 1/4 as potent as leaves, my guestimates based on smoking them. Perhaps a lot of stem skins could be boiled in chocolate milk and would then have an effect...

And then the next harvest comes in and I'm all good again for a while. Heh, what I gotta learn is how to make each harvest stretch until the next one. Or get a bigger grow box.

Defending the People's Right to Know since 2000
:smokebowl:

Watching the universe end, one bowl at a time

#13 skitzo420

skitzo420

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,594 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 April 2007 - 12:07 AM

i just thought, maybe using a creme liquor like bailey's in a coffe with milk would extract the THC from the stems nicely...havent tried it...any thoughts?

and i know this is older but i hope the dude posting above me knows that he can make honey oil or hash with his shake....rather than smoke the nasty stuff!

The philosopher has never killed any priests whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers

#14 Baylee09

Baylee09

Stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTexas, United States

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:37 PM

we have a bag of cronic stems. we were thinking we could just either put the stems in a tea bag or grind them up to a powder then pour milk, oil, alcohol, or something like that into the 'water' compartment of a coffee machine; put a filter (where the coffee would go) with the stems or powder ANDa tea of our choice in it. Then we would filter it again when pouring the tea into a pitcher. would that work to make marijuana tea?

#15 chilliwackdank

chilliwackdank

Stranger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:06 PM

i got like 5lbs of stems i was wondering how i should brew my tea i was told to put it in pot with 150ml water 200ml milk and 1 teaspoon of buttern let it simmer for 30mins to 1hour nd stir it occasionaly do you think this will work?