Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      06 Sep
    ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

I made a step, acquired a label, gained knowledge and once again the yawning chasm of another step approaches. I still have far to go. How do you win when you have a fraction of the strength of others?

Show comments (4)
View All Updates

Photo

Centrifuge Hash, Oil, Or Budder?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cypher

Cypher

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,535 posts
  • LocationMy Garden

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:12 PM

I have mentioned this a couple times in passing on other posts but I am curious if anyone has had the chance to try and use a centrifuge to seperate THC out of an oil or alcohol solution. The product should be nearly pure thc and would be fairly thick I think. A centrifuge can be had on ebay for under a hundred bucks and if it works it would be worth the trouble.

So has anyone tried this?

“Good and evil are God’s prejudices” said the serpent. -Nietzsche-

#2 Canna

Canna

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:33 PM

How does the THC separate from the solution?

Any sources?

#3 Cypher

Cypher

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,535 posts
  • LocationMy Garden

Posted 10 June 2006 - 12:30 AM

centrifuges seperate solutions into layers based on melecular density. If you mix oil and water the oil will always seperate into a layer of oil on top and a layer of water on bottom, this is caused because oil and water are not soluble with each other. The difference is that a centrifuge uses cnetrifugal force by spinning the solution at very high speeds until the different molecules in the solution seperate out into layers. The end product is a vile with several different bands, one of those band would be almost pure thc

“Good and evil are God’s prejudices” said the serpent. -Nietzsche-

#4 Alaskan Rose

Alaskan Rose

Stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Got a centrifuge for 60$...lets get started with some recipes? Downsize recipes, then go viral with results. I figure grind up material to flour mix with iso. Run 30 min. @ 2000 rpm Dump colored iso, refill with iso again, repeat until iso has lost most of the chlorophyl. My hypothesis is the stuff on the bottom will be 99.7% pure THC.
Mwa, haaa,haa.
Always wear saftey goggles, no gloves, no loves people. Now, lets get techy...
Always wear safety glasses, no gloves no loves. Now; lets get techie...
Looking for the 99.9% pure.

#5 Doobie Brother

Doobie Brother

Ganja God

• Super Moderator
  • 7,044 posts
  • LocationThe G.W.N.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

Sorry guys, it's not that simple. Spinning down powdered cannabis in iso will get you wet, powdered cannabis...

In order to do this you need to know what chemical to use as an extraction buffer - to remove the THC from everything else so it can be separated for use later. Then, you need to know how fast and how long to spin the centrifuge - there's a good chance the $60 model won't generate the necessary speed. Just to add more salt to your wounds, the centrifuge should be cooled when running - unless you have a Sorval, you're probably out of luck.

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan

#6 Alaskan Rose

Alaskan Rose

Stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

Thats the kicker, its a lab centrifuge , early model. Seen some bands of concentrates. Machine should pump rpm's. pretty beef cake. Just some harmless experiments. Trying cool, hot, iso, glycerine. Lots of mediums. Just researching times, and rpm's. 1 gram batches with different base materials. Will get back with specs and base contents and pics. I also would lime to send cons to lab for accurate testing. I just need to wait for shipping.
Always wear safety glasses, no gloves no loves. Now; lets get techie...
Looking for the 99.9% pure.

#7 Doobie Brother

Doobie Brother

Ganja God

• Super Moderator
  • 7,044 posts
  • LocationThe G.W.N.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

Looking forward to seeing the pics AR. What model/brand is the fuge, if I may ask ?

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan