JunoBeach

Opinions on smoking pot with a hookah

Thanks Renode, you and ArghMonkey are wicked. The insight is incredible. I just recently purchased a Hookah. It might not be the best, but I really just wanted to try it before I invest into this. The mixing is a great idea and I'll definitely give it a fair go. As for those who don't get proper hits from their Hookah, I saw a great video on youtube on how to set up your own Hookah. I don't have the link but it was a 10 minutes video (more or less).

In any case, the information is accurate and I'm happy to see so many Hookah enthusiasts. One last thing, for those who don't know how to use Hookah's properly or haven't done any research, try using about 2 cups of ice in the hookah (of course it depends on the size of your Hookah to begin with) which will make the smoke less harsh and easy on the lungs.

I know this thread is old, but hear me out, I signed up specifically to post this.

I recently bought a hookah to smoke mj through without really doing any research (It was a bargain grin ). When I got home I jumped online, googled, and this thread came up pretty quickly. The problem was that there are two opposing points of view, and no definitive answer. Regardless I was leaning towards that it would work - and boy was I (and the other advocates on here) right.

For those of you who are reading this to find out if you can smoke pot through a hookah, you can! It was definitely a different experience than other highs, more like that of smoking oil than bud, but it was more than enjoyable.

I used some rose hookah tobacco mixed two parts to one with decent quality trim (didn't want to waste bud incase it didn't work) and one bowl got four of us well and truly relaxed.

I know it has been posted previosuly in this thread, but the more posts that confirm it, the more people who are reading this are likely to buy a hookah and have an awesome time grin

Yes, it certainly does work. I think the best way is to mix it in with shisha to avoid burning off the cannabis too quickly. I generally try to use more economical methods of smoking because my supply is sporadic, but its fun when you have a bounty and a group of friends to throw in.

tried, done, hated.

No way smoke doesn't get stale, and also... I smoke tobacco FAR differenty than weed, I don't mix the two.

For the purists, a regular hookah for weed is pretty much a joke.

tried, done, hated.

No way smoke doesn't get stale, and also... I smoke tobacco FAR differenty than weed, I don't mix the two.

For the purists, a regular hookah for weed is pretty much a joke.

exactly nobody in NorCal fucks with hookahs they suck and the only flavor shisha comes in is shit

Yeah its gimmicky to me. The only reasons to smoke on one are if your inexperienced or have a shit ton of weed and/or an interplanetary crime lord named Jabba.

You know you've reached the pinnacle of smoking when your method of choice is the Hookah. This thing takes a lot of time(to heat the coals and heat the bowl) and money(to fill the bowl). Its not something to be done alone, much better used in a party setting. Too many pieces to keep track of. Just Doob-it!

You know you've reached the pinnacle of smoking when your method of choice is the Hookah. This thing takes a lot of time(to heat the coals and heat the bowl) and money(to fill the bowl). Its not something to be done alone, much better used in a party setting. Too many pieces to keep track of. Just Doob-it!

get a vapor globe son that is the pinnacle of smoking u wont go back 2 weed

Globe

What I was saying is that for people who don't know, you can smoke through a hookah. I didn't say that it was the cheapest, or best, method - just that it works, and personally I enjoy it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it is the best method of smoking. I've tried joints, bongs, pipes, vaporisers and now a hookah, and out of all of them I prefer joints. But that's the point, it's a personal preference - not a rule. Everyone's different.

One thing that I do think hookahs have over other methods is that they are very social, and make a night of smoking - chilling with friends and having a good conversation. But again, I'm not trying to say it's the be-all-and-end-all, just that it works and that I personally find some good things about it.

What I was saying is that for people who don't know, you can smoke through a hookah. I didn't say that it was the cheapest, or best, method - just that it works, and personally I enjoy it.

who seriously didnt know u can smoke bud thru a hookah. u can smoke thru a soda can too so whats your point? and if you want to chill and smoke socially roll a blunt

who seriously didnt know u can smoke bud thru a hookah. u can smoke thru a soda can too so whats your point? and if you want to chill and smoke socially roll a blunt

Blunts are definitely better than a hookah for social smoking. I do enjoy me a hookah now and again though (not for my meds though)

Hookah + Weed = Suck Ass

hehehe seriously though, If whoever started this fucking discussion is over 20, they oughtta be ashamed.

Thanks Argh Monkey.

Just bought a hookah and I am planning on mixing some shisha and some herb together for some nice wacky tobaccy.

Cant figure out how to include a pic on this message otherwise I would show you guys.

Thanks again.

OK, english isnt my main language so please excuse my vocabulary and some random abreviations:

Heres a story from a stoner:

I wake up this morning and hear my flatmate leave to work. I know i have an exam the morning after so i decide to get up to study. Bummer! Cannot find the book! Start cleaning the house trying to find the book, then i run into my old hookah. Its colors match the colors of our curtains. I search on the net how cool it is to smoke weed thru a hookah. No one knows so i decide to try it myself: put water in to the line and add icecubes. Plug the Pipes into the body (metal part) and get ready to fill the bool. SECRET!! - grab ABIT of molasses (any flavor will do but bubblegum's my fav. With that bit, use ONLY to cover the holes in your bowl (assuming it has four like mine) and then you can add as much bud as u want.

DO NOT USE COAL OF ANY KIND! Ruins the taste and the experience. Now, grab your dad's braai lighter (one wwith a long neck) and use it to light up your buds ( remember, it must be grinded weed ).

Conclusion: experienced fellows will try and point out that i use my hookah similarly to a bong. Well, yes i know that. Thats why i find it fun. smile

I am using hookkah from past 12 years to smoke weed. Am from India.. here we get 12 grams of weed for 2$. I use 30% Tobbacco + 70% weed. I wont make it as fine powder. just little bigger dust will do the trick. I use cigerrette tobacco. when u remove tobacco from cigeratte u will get some bigger tobbaco dust. just take them and use as first layer( only little to cover the holes). then fill the weed+tobacco mixture fully for 4-5 members or little for 1 person. dont cover any foil. dont use any coal. use a lighter to light the hookkah. if there are many people... then u can smoke easily till the end. IF only a single person smoking, then keep a little hard business card or visiting card on top. dont smoke weed for an hour. just smoke 5-6 shots at a time. And usually i dont use water to fill. usually i use coconut water or milk or any fruit juice with 2-3 ice cubes.

hmmmm....Very interesting to know how it is being done in India. And only $2 for 12 grams of weed!!! No wonder you're using a hookah. I suppose the coco milk or fruit juice helps get rid of some of the tobacco taste. Get rid of the tobacco and I might try it.

hehe... I still remember we used to smoke weed using coconut frond (leaf) rolled like a chillum. there are many ways to use weed in India. We make milk shake and sweets using weed. I luv Marijuana..... So natural

Salutations JetGardner04,

13 hours ago, JetGardner04 said:

This is awesome! I learned completely new ideas! I already shifted to the vaporisers thing and it changed my life forever! Lots of good benefits too! You may view it here HERE

There's a distinction to be made between "vaping" e-Liquids and "vaporizing" dry flowers.  Most especially when it's done via "The Shortest Path of Least Transformation" instead of some popular "Hot Dry Air Ovenizer" à la Volcano/Arizer.  Thanks for the linked resource anyway, it's just too bad that was stating "E-Cigarette liquid is not the problem" as truth while i can actually imagine a KISS "Bi-Energy" VAPORIZER concept that won't need such processing at all.

Good day, have fun!!  ☮️