JunoBeach

Opinions on smoking pot with a hookah

My friend and I are planning on purchasing a hookah. I do like shisha but what do you guys think of the hookah in regards to weed and hash? This may be a stupid question and the answer is there is no discernible difference and it's just like any other water pipe. The main difference I can see is that the weed would be heated rather than burned.

Well in my experience with hookahs, at least in my hookah, it's only worth while when you have alot of weed to use. It can be kind of a waste sometimes as the weed doesn't burn in a manner like shisha does. You can start smouldering the weed and it'll go to waste faster than people can hit on it. We actually cut the bottom of a 1 liter off and sat it on top of the ash/ charcoal plate. So the smoke would collect up top where someone could hit it. We decided that using the coals is not all that great of an idea so we simple lit it like we do any bong or pipe, with a lighter, and did it that way.

There's a Hookha bar i go to ocasionally where we toss some nuggets in the top on the sly after they bring it over with the shisha going wink.gif Kinda kills the taste of the herb but gets ya baked.

I've hit a number of nice hookahs loaded with just weed though, and i think its great, but does burn through weed prety fast.i'd love to someday just drop a big brick of hash in the top of one though smirk.gif

I LOVE mixing hash/kief in with the hookah tobacco. Tastes smooth and yummy, till you find yourself suddenly unconcious. I've recently found a tobacco-less hookah smoking blend that tastes okay as well. Not as nice as the real thing, but i was getting worried about the tobacco i was inhaling.

Herbal Hooka blend

In Vansterdam it's available at Puff and Cottonmouth

Are you guys kidding ?

How many here smoke hookah much ?

I even like smoking hookah with the flavoured tobacco alone, double apple, melon, watermelon, banana, mixed fruit, mango, mint (hated that one), u name it ...

A nice hookah with fresh cold water and a nicely packed bowl with some hash and some weed and some double apple, fuck, thats heaven and I can smoke a hookah for 30 minutes, I dont know what kind of hookah some of u are smoking but I do it the real way, taught by an arab! smile.gif))

Also I find that the hookah goes a lot farther with the weed, it almost acts like a vapourizer if u mix the bowl properly.

I went through my time with a Hookah and smoking Al-waahabi Shisha. Like I said I've mixed but it's fucking gross. Personally, I'm glad that I'm done experimenting with tobacco. I prefer that taste of unadulterated Cannabis and it's products. The mixed weed doesn't burn right and it smoulders from my experience creating a chared lump. Now I know I wasn't hallucinating a pile of weed burning and seeing smoke go up that wasn't headed into or out of my lungs.

I filled a big bowl with chronic in a hooka

just didn't feel like I was getting the right high

felt like the weed wasn't burning properly

I just didn't like it

gotta stick to my bong smile.gif

I love smoke'n from Hookahs.

You can take one hitters you just have to break the bud up fine... and time your breath in right.

But of course I like it with a couple of grams in it with a helping of hash on top.

I really dont think you were smoking it right ...

Did you have an actial hookah with cold water ?

Did you crumble the tobacco and weed into the bowl lightly so that it doesnt get packed down?

Did u use one charcoal at a time and did you move it around on the bowl?

Seriously though, the way your talking about it I highly doubt anyone here did it properly.

I have smoked the hookah a million times, every single one has been fantastic and every single person thats ever tried it raves about how baked they get on just using a little amount of pot and there are at least 5 I know of that had to go out and buy a hookah for themselves.

Did any of ur hookahs look anything like this ???

1146932-DSCF0163.jpg

(The one on the far left is a "hookah", note the aluminum foil over the bowl, the tongs, the hose ... if what you smoked from isent exactly like this basic design then u didnt actually smoke a hookah.)

Seiously dude, I researched for a long time on how to use a Hookah. I read on the techniques, the etiquette and all a person needs to know about using one. As you see I have one. In fact it is a Turkish hookah. Not pictured is the wind cover and brass tongs. dsci00105zv.jpg

I've only smoked a Hooka twice in my life the first time was when my friend bought one and me and buddy packed a 1/2 oz into it and yes we got extremely fucked and so did five other people the bowl lasted for half an hour

and once in van there a turkish swmokeing parlor right by the chatue granviulle

and from that i only wish i could score some shisha here in saskatoon but i've never found it and the lady that owns the tabbcoo store here said probibly wont see it.

I recognize that, thats a hookah bros hookah, the same manufactorer as mine (i used to have a base just like urs but the old one broke).

Well what can I say? If you really did everything right maybe u arent smoking it properly? *shrug*, hard for me to tell from here.

All I know is that it works like a hot damn and I have never had a customer do less then RAVE about it, so I dont know.

Hookah bros just sell those bases, they're common and you can get them from a number of places. If it works well for you great man, but it doesn't for me. Smoking shisha was fine and smooth. but I hate tobacco, so it's all gross to me. If smoking weed out of it is your thing that'd cool. But from my observations, leaving a hot coal on weed smoulders it.

A few things ...

1. Hookah bros do the entire hookah, its a whole package that comes with wire brushs, if you were told otherwise u were ripped off.

2. The coal sits on aluminum foil with holes poked into it, thats what the coal is placed on, it takes 30 mins for a bowl to smoulder out and by then uve smoked everything in the bowl anyway.

3. If you hate tobacco then u hate tobacco, not much to add to that point but I will say that the idea that its gross, what flavour did u smoke ?

I bought my Hookah at the Jerusaelum Cafe and Grill in Toledo. It came with wire brushes, grommets, brass tongs and wind cover. They have several of these bases as replacements. And I've seen these bases at one other hookah shop and at one head shop in NWO.

So Hookah Bros are supposed to make the entire thing? I don't think it is a Hookah Bros hookah. Now that I'm looking I see that style of base all over the net.

Dude, for real, thats a hookah brothers hookah, the only thing its missing is the protective coloured sleeve around the hose (notice mine, without the sleeve it looks just like ur hose, plus notice the tip and base of urs, plus the snap on ask catcher, you have the pyrex bowl which only hookah brothers offer)

Take a second and really look it over ...

Also here is some hookahs in the hookah brothers collection ... http://www.southsmoke.com/cat_hookah.cfm

My hookah and yours is obviously the "litte dragon" model.

Keep in mind the base I have (thats the bottle at the bottom of the hookah) was replaced when the round shaped, original one, was broken.

From my experience I still say it's a waste of weed. I'm not saying that you don't or can't get high from it. I did. But I don't like seeing smoke billow up off smouldering cannabis in the bowl head without first passing through my friends or my lungs. I didn't like using the coals, they worked for Shisha but not for weed. Chronic is alot drier than Shisha since Shisha is very wet sticky stuff being chunky tobacco, fruit mash and mollasses. I tried mixing it and found a smouldered lump of burnt shisha/weed when I was done. So I use a regular lighter rather than a coal, smoking it as a bong, and it burned fine. Primarily I don't like the shallow wide bowl heads, may be good for shisha, but not for chronic IMO. Now if I got more of a deeper bowl

Al-wabi(sp?) apple

My hookah without the base, counting from the down stem up to the top is 23 inches. With the base on, it stands at just short of 30 inches. The hookah came with a red clay bowl and the glass bowl.

Quote:

From my experience I still say it's a waste of weed. I'm not saying that you don't or can't get high from it. I did. But I don't like seeing smoke billow up off smouldering cannabis in the bowl head without first passing through my friends or my lungs. I didn't like using the coals, they worked for Shisha but not for weed. Chronic is alot drier than Shisha since Shisha is very wet sticky stuff being chunky tobacco, fruit mash and mollasses. I tried mixing it and found a smouldered lump of burnt shisha/weed when I was done. So I use a regular lighter rather than a coal, smoking it as a bong, and it burned fine. Primarily I don't like the shallow wide bowl heads, may be good for shisha, but not for chronic IMO. Now if I got more of a deeper bowl

Al-wabi(sp?) apple

Man, if you lived here I would bring u over for a smoke because i cant believe what I am hearing *L*

The shit is supposed to be charred after smoking but like I said, that lasts for 30 mins per bowl, your right about weed being a bit dry, thats why I mix it with hookah tobacco.

The coal and aluminum over a bowl is the best method, it acts like a vapourizer actually, like I said, nothing but raves when I set it up properly, I might even take some snaps of me making a proper bowl.

I have tried the pyrex, metal and clay bowls, clay is the best but I know my hookah really well by now and I know exactly how much tobacy to add with the weed, like I said I should maybe put a bunch of pics together and post them.

The tobacco I use mostly is the Nakhla brand.

4.jpg