Shoutbox

Resize Shouts Area

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo

Well, I didn't sleep worth a shit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 WillieB

WillieB

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 04:54 AM

I was too excited about today.

Let's do it world, viva la revolution, Free the Three, DEA Go away!

Here's the shirts my pal Roachie and I will be wearing.

See ya soon Vancouver!!

Attached Thumbnails

• 1149137-shirts2.jpg

"The reason we're so dangerous is because we're totally harmless." Cheech Marin

#2 kractor

kractor

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 05:11 AM

nice tees ...

#3 xynamax

xynamax

Ganja God

• Members
  • 8,389 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:00 AM

YEAH WILLIE!!!! rock the DEA's world!

nom nom nom

#4 AestheticQ

AestheticQ

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:25 AM

That's AWESOME! It's worth a sleepless night! Couldn't feel more alive, am I right? I've never been to a protest, but that must be really cool to screw around & do all that good stuff.

Have fun & do us well!

#5 lexarmedia

lexarmedia

Old hand

• Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:45 AM

nice digs

#6 WillieB

WillieB

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 04:12 PM

Quote:

nice digs

Thanks Snipez! That'll be your room when you come to visit, but give me a heads up so I have time to take the plastic off the insulation walls.

#7 WillieB

WillieB

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 09:11 PM

So Roachie and I get into Van and parked by about 1:30 pm Saturday. Down a couple flights of rude smelling parkade stairs, and on the street about 2 blocks southwest of the BCMP. Off to the BCMP before the protest, and we started to see people headed for the rally. Flash and entourage pass by, he in his Flash suit.

The store was packed and we walked around checking things out. “Hi, welcome to the BCMP”, says a cheery Michelle Rainey. “Hi”, say I, “I’m WillieB”. “Hi, Willy Bee”, she says. I then turn around and see Greg Williams ready to head out. Wow, two of the reasons I’m here right in front of me! Hung a bit longer, then wanted to check out The New Amsterdam before the rally. OK, so two big, short haired middle aged guys kinda look like narcs, right? So we pulled out our first of many cigarette size Green Krack doobs and promptly spark up; the awkwardness subsided.

Headed towards the protest, and via a quick pint of Guinness stop at a pub along the way, arrived about 2:15; Marc was speaking. Man it was cool to see him in person and hear him speak with such knowledge and passion. I started to recognize faces; David, Chris, Jodie, Greg. Listened to everyone speak; such emotion and everybody was just so into what was being said. Almost forgetting it was a peaceful protest, I darn near told the people behind us who were chatting loudly and not paying attention to shut the fuck up. With the combo of the sound system and the number of people around, it was difficult to hear at times. The good peoples in the front sat down later and it was much better, and for the vast majority of the crowd, everyone was so mesmorized and were listening so intently that there wasn’t much background noise. I saw Jodie and introduced myself . She said she was bagged out, but still looked and sounded fresh as a daisy. Marc passed by me, shook my hand, and gave me a ‘hey!’ when I said who I was. Damn that was one busy, busy, man that day. Thanks Marc!

To the Tall Brothers, I’m sorry. When I saw you standing behind us against the parking meters, in your tuxedos, I should have refrained from saying “hey look, Robert Redford and Bill Murray are in town shooting a new movie”. In all sincerity it was a complement, but from the look on your faces, and the older gent pissing himself laughing beside me, perhaps it wasn’t. I had the honour of passing Chris Bennett one of our doobs at 4:20. It was a surreal scene.

We made our way back to the BCMP; the gate was closed so we headed back into the New Amsterdam and had another puff. I can’t hang in real smoky zones for too long, so we split and went back out to the street. Marc was just leaving; it had been a long day, shit, a long year, for a lot of people. I helped him pick up some newpapers blowing around the front of the store; we agreed it had been an excellent day, and made our way.

What Roachie and I did after that is another story, but I do want to say how glad I was to make the trip, and how proud I was to be part of what was going on. I’m also very proud to be Canadian and hope to hell our government does what’s right; there’s no way these people are leaving Canada.

#8 JodieEmery

JodieEmery

Mrs. Marc Emery

• Administrators
  • 8,942 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 09:32 PM

Awesome write-up about the day!