Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      25 Oct
    SeaWeed

A couple crazy men do not a terrorist attack make - but it is a great platform to take a few more freedoms, for 'securities sake'

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      24 Oct
    Doobie Brother

You ever notice how most Ford vehicle names are more fun when you put "anal" in front of them? Probe, Explorer, Excursion, Endeavor, Ranger, Focus...

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      21 Oct
    Dove

just had a bowl of black tuna. After a long strech of using a vape, the feeling of resiny lips is a deja vu.

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Photo

white hairs turning brown, what does this mean?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 Love the green

Love the green

Journeyman

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 12:59 PM

hey guys my laidies white hairs are starting to go brown , and its my first indoor grow, what does this mean? i figure there just maturing , its about 5 weeks into 12 12 , goin pretty slow, or at least it seems, i hope the buds still get bigger!! thanks for any advice!! o before i foget, should i stop fertalizing or not yet?

thanks a bunch!

peace

I dropped buy to stay high!!

#2 Sundowner

Sundowner

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:05 PM

She' slooking good man, you should get you miroscope so you can see the tric's. They are the best way to tell if she's ready to be deflowered. Harvet for a up high with 10-20% amber or for more coutch lock type stone harvest with 50% or so amber. They mature as such, clear-cloudy-amber.

Sun

There is No Try, Only Do or Do Not, No Try...
Yoda

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:13 PM

don't go by the hairs....look at these...ready...

#4 Sundowner

Sundowner

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:14 PM

Thanks Abby, great pic of those swelling Tric's...

There is No Try, Only Do or Do Not, No Try...
Yoda

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:22 PM

not ready

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:35 PM

Quote:

i hope the buds still get bigger!! thanks for any advice!! o before i foget, should i stop fertalizing or not yet?

feed for three more weeks... then flush ...then starve them for 4 weeks ...just water.... the buds will get a lot more bigger...

#7 Love the green

Love the green

Journeyman

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:38 PM

thanks alot for all the responses, anybody know what power of a microscope i would need? and how much do they cost?
thanks again!

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:52 PM

bbqiguana posted this link in another thread.

IlluminatedMicroscope

That is a 60x to 100x But you can see them with a 30x.

#9 Love the green

Love the green

Journeyman

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 05:36 PM

great link! thanks again!

#10 Wodan

Wodan

Ganja God

• Members
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:29 AM

The second pic that Abby posted is the absolute perfect time for harvest. The trichomes are ALL cloudy, or milky and swollen.
If a heavier body stone is preferred they could go another week, tops.

The first pic is of the trichomes on a sweetleaf, showing a lot of amber, but no cloudy/milky trichomes at all. And much smaller, not swollen at all.
It is possible that these are on a sativa dominant plant and near finished, but more likely a hybrid that is about two weeks from finish, on a flower low down on the plant.
It is not uncommon for people to harvest the plant when it is at this stage, but they are cheating themselves.

Leaching The 'chicken soup' of Cannabis growing.

#11 Growgrrl

Growgrrl

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:31 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that when a bud is fertilized the hairs will turn organge. Is is possible that your girl was pollenated?

As far as being ready, look for all cloudy for a cerebral high, cloudy and a touch of amber for more of a body stone.

Good luck!

Growgrrl Neturei Karta

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:57 AM

No, the hairs (pistils) don't turn orange when a plant is fertilized/pollinated... The hairs turn orange because they are old and dying (maturing). When a plant is pollinated, the pollen will actually land on the 'hair' and then the hair will retract, pulling itself (and the pollen) back inside of the calyx(the pod that the hair protrudes from). That calyx will then begin seed production, and will eventually become a BEANER!

#13 Harlem

Harlem

Old hand

• Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:30 AM

good info gotnugz i never knew that

#14 Doctor_Rock

Doctor_Rock

Old hand

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 12:34 PM

Quote:

The second pic that Abby posted is the absolute perfect time for harvest. The trichomes are ALL cloudy, or milky and swollen.

i concur
looks lik an HF pic or two

#15 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2005 - 12:48 PM

Quote:

looks lik an HF pic or two

sniff sniff
and how do you know that

#16 Doctor_Rock

Doctor_Rock

Old hand

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:08 PM

i said "looks like"

my photographic memory tells me so...since i ain't seen one single member post trichomes that clearly

#17 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:34 PM

people keep asking the same question about..when is it done...so i looked and looked and finnaly found some pictures on the subject....and yes there harleys...

heres one more

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:33 PM

That makes a really cool desktop/wallpaper pic

#19 Wodan

Wodan

Ganja God

• Members
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:17 AM

Quote:

When a plant is pollinated, the pollen will actually land on the 'hair' and then the hair will retract, pulling itself (and the pollen) back inside of the calyx(the pod that the hair protrudes from). That calyx will then begin seed production, and will eventually become a BEANER!

Sorry, but no.
The stigma dies off within hours of pollenation, withers and falls off. You can watch it turn brown if your patient.

In some strains the stigmas turn orange/tan, to brown on a regular basis. Then grow new ones.
With practice you can tell the difference between a stigma that is simply losing it's vigor and shrinking up a little, and one that is dieing off from either pollenation or the plant giving up and finishing.

That last Farqpic is amazing. You can actually differentiate the basal cells and the stipe cells in the stalk, see the basal cells running up the center.

And in the Gland (the mushroom like globe on top of the stalk), you can make out the disc cells on the bottom of gland inside.

See what comes from using a tripod?

Attached Files

Leaching The 'chicken soup' of Cannabis growing.

#20 J420

J420

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:08 AM

Can someone repost the pictures of none-ripe trichs and ripe-trichs.

The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance. - Socrates