Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      25 Oct
    SeaWeed

A couple crazy men do not a terrorist attack make - but it is a great platform to take a few more freedoms, for 'securities sake'

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      24 Oct
    Doobie Brother

You ever notice how most Ford vehicle names are more fun when you put "anal" in front of them? Probe, Explorer, Excursion, Endeavor, Ranger, Focus...

• Photo
      21 Oct
    Dove

just had a bowl of black tuna. After a long strech of using a vape, the feeling of resiny lips is a deja vu.

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Yellow Leaves!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:30 PM

My plants are about 4 weeks away from harvest. The leaves are yellow, yellow, yellow. The leaves have been this color for about 2 weeks. i have only been using distelled water since growth. My growing medium is peat moss and perlite. The plants were a beautiful green before flowering. Two weeks after flowering I started using nutrients(fox farm's big bloom and tiger bloom) I put 2 teaspoons of each into a gallon of water and fed the plants. The yellowing started occuring around 5 days after feeding. Since then i have not added nuts because i felt the nutrients were the problem. Now I dont know what the hell is going on. I did some research here at CC forums and stumbled into the nuts chart. Is this nutrient deffeciency? I'm a scared that if i add more nuts this will hurt even more my babies. Please helpppppppp!

#2 n00bish

n00bish

Old hand

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:36 PM

Hmm...whats ure pH?

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:50 PM

It's at about 6.7. i think.

#4 n00bish

n00bish

Old hand

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 07:28 PM

Well, that should be lower. Probably around 6.3. I'm not sure that its far enough out or range to cause tons of nutrient lockout. Its not an overfert. Did the yellowing start at the bottom leaves of the plant and then work its way up?

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2005 - 08:18 PM

It all happenend around the same time. it didn't work it's way up. all parts yellowed around same time.

#6 JerryHG

JerryHG

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 08:41 PM

I'd take them outside and flush the Hell out of them! Looks like over fertilizing to me. If I understand you correctly you're putting 4 tsp. of fert into 1 gal of water? Waaaay to much if you ask me. Stick to 1 tsp per gal.

Go flush those poor things right away!

Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with.

#7 stinkweed

stinkweed

Ganja God

• Members
  • 5,373 posts
  • Locationfollowing the bouncing balls...

Posted 08 March 2005 - 09:28 PM

flowering plants are supposed to yellow towards the end of flowering. that is the plant using up the stores of nitrogen in the leaves.

however, your yellowing has started a little early, since you still have more than half way to go, maybe a shot of something like a 20-20-20(a light dose) will help from any more occuring right away.

it does not look overferted, and i don't believe your ph is an issue.

I can ride my bike with no handlebars,
no handlebars,
no handlebars.

#8 JerryHG

JerryHG

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 09:39 PM

I stand corrected, thanks for the post stinkweed!

Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with.

#9 Mex

Mex

Old hand

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Location Canada

Posted 09 March 2005 - 12:25 AM

That plant is not even close to being done and should not start yellowing yet. According to the pic it looks like the yellowing is occuring from bottom up which would indicate nutrient deficiency, I think your plant is starving from lack of nitrogen, but before you feed it I got a couple more question, what size pot is the plant in and how tall is it? Are you allowing the medium to dry out inbetween waterings? If the pot is large enough, and you have been letting the medium dry out, I would give it a feeding. Tiger bloom 2-8-4, Big Bloom 0.01-0.3-0.7, the tiger bloom seems to have enough nitrogen to help out your plants. I would go to xtra strength ie: use 4 teaspoons of each, make sure the soil is not completely dried out when applying. Then for all other feedings, use normal strength formula ie: 2 tsp of each every 3rd watering.

Mex

Time for another pill - what do those red ones do anyway

#10 Wodan

Wodan

Ganja God

• Members
  • 7,671 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 09 March 2005 - 01:18 AM

The way you word that, it sounds like you gave them NO fertilizers until two weeks into flowering. And peat moss/perlite has almost no availible nutes. So it is probably very very low on nitrogen.

I would pick up a high nitrogen fertilizer and carefully mist the fan leaves with a foliar feed, no more then 1/4 strength, trying to avoid the flowers as much as you can.
This will add some N without it being availible continuously in the soil. Kind of a pick me up without adding N to the buds so close to harvest.

Make sure you rinse them a bit too after about half an hour. And do this out of the strong light, let them sit about an hour after you rinse them before putting them back under the grow lights.

Leaching The 'chicken soup' of Cannabis growing.

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:51 AM

The plants are in 5 gallon buckets and the plants are about 2 1/2 feet tall.

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2005 - 08:06 AM

Their canabilizing themselves, get them baby`s some ferts now.
Your going to have to give em a shot of high nitrogen let that get in there for a few days then go get some flower nuter 30-52-30 or something, start at 1/2 strenght and work your way up.
Hope this helps ya some.
ccb

#13 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2005 - 08:09 AM

Mona
How do ya keep your PH at 6.7 with nothing to buffer the peat?
ccb

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2005 - 08:14 AM

Really, I bought a PH tester for $15 and i dont think it's quite accurate. It always reads below 7, but again i'm not sure of the accuracy. any suggestions?

#15 n00bish

n00bish

Old hand

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 11:56 AM

According to pretty popular opinion around here, the way to get the most accurate measure of your pH is by testing the pH of the runoff water when you water your plants (that is the water that comes out the bottom when you water them). Also, if you're using a probe that you stick into soil, those are generally pretty inaccurate. I believe Cali suggests the use of something called a pH pen and theres a link to it in several of his posts. However, you'll probably have to order that over the internet and it could take a while. In the mean time, if you so choose to get one of those, I would go to the gardening store and get some pH test strips. They're very reliable in terms of getting pH even if their range is a bit vauge. You can test the runoff with those.

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2005 - 12:35 PM

can you give more detailed info about your medium... or is it just straight peat moss and perlite?

If you didnt feed until bloom then like Wodan said about the nitrogen, a blooming fertilizer may be very low in N content and your signs do look of N deficiency... Although if you are using straight peat moss and perlite without added lime your medium could be heading too acidic, the nutrients fed may have been enough to swing it the little extra to show signs.

You can test the water going in and then the runoff out the bottom... Or you can test a soil slurry. Without handling the soil take a sample and add equal parts of clean water into a clean glass or beaker of some sort. Swirl the slurry and let sit so the sediment settles then test the liquid. Its easy to contaminate a soil slurry test so testing the runoff is an easier way to go.

Id be ready to feed some N either way, but if that medium is just peat moss and perlite youll want to know whats happening with the ph before engendering anymore of an acidic swing if it is happening...

good luck

#17 Mex

Mex

Old hand

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Location Canada

Posted 09 March 2005 - 12:51 PM

Feed the baby's, the longer you wait, the worse the damage will be, the foxfarm nutes you have will do the job. When you fed them the regular strength nutes the first time it was not enough, probably 'cause they were going into the strech at that time. If you had maintained that feeding schedule, you would have been alright. Let us know what you have done so far - thus we will be able to advise you further. Have you fed them yet? If so, what and how much?

Mex

#18 Mex

Mex

Old hand

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Location Canada

Posted 09 March 2005 - 12:54 PM

I think he/she is using straight perlite and peat moss. Thats how I read it.

Mex

#19 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2005 - 12:57 PM

I edit my top post... I do think the N is needed yea, Id just worry of it catering to acidity if that is a prob in there.

#20 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2005 - 02:04 PM

I fed them last night. I added 1/2 cup of Big Bloom and 2 teaspoons of Tiger Bloom into one gallon of distilled water. My 3 babies are in 5 gallon buckets. I poored the nuts into all 3 plants. I used about 3/4 of the gallon with nuts. When should i add again?

The mix that i'm using is strictly 2/3's peat moss and 1/3 perlite. NOTHING ELSE! I'm going with fox farm ocean forest soil next time.